The AguaPods 40 Model is a standard system designed to treat most surface waters (river & lake) up to a flow rate between 500 m3/d and 1,000 m3/d. The flow rate depends on the water quality the end user provides AguaPods, we caliber every aguapod to insure clean drinking water.
These systems require basic site preparation such as slab foundation, power, influent water hook up and treated water storage/distribution.
Small and medium-sized communities (500 to 5,000 m3/day), AguaPods designs and manufactures prefabricated water treatment plants that purify water to the most stringent quality standards. Available with or without housing, they are installed as a single unit between the source of the water to be treated and the distribution network. These plants are designed according to the specific parameters of a project and allow for an anticipated increase in water flow. Most of these treatment plants would be shipped in one or several 40 ft containers.
2) Ozone generation on ceramic plate using ambient air
3) Pressurized contact tank for the diffusion of ozone in water with brief contact time < 5 minutes
4) Final filtration through ultrafiltration membranes to remove turbidity and pathogens
Optional: biological filtration using biologically active carbon for water with high organic matter content
• O3 is the most powerful oxidizer that can be used safely to treat water
• Elimination of pathogens and viruses
• Oxidation of iron and manganese
• Colour and odour reduction
• Safe and controlled production on site (ozone detector, alarms, materials compatible with O3)
• O3 analyser at reaction tank outlet with automatic adjustment of O3 generation based on fluctuations in raw water quality
• Effective ozone diffusion at start of process chain prevents fouling of membranes, which otherwise require daily chemical cleaning, as is the case of most membrane processes available on the market.
• Giardia = 3.3+ logs
• Cryptosporidium =4+ logs
• Virus = 7.1+ logs